Warsaw (Nov. 12)
(Jewish Telegraphic Agency)
A tribute to the leadership of Marshal Josef Pilsudski was paid by Rabbi Sakheim of Paranowicze today when the eighth anniversary of the Armistice and the return of Pilsudski from Magdeburg prison on Nov. 11, 1918, to become Poland’s Chief of State, were celebrated with a military parade at Saski Square.
Rabbi Sakheim, who is a personal friend of the Marshal, handed him a huge bouquet of flowers, when Pilsudski dismounted from his horse after reviewing the parade and approached the diplomats of the foreign countries. It was said to be the only tribute from a citizen’s group presented to the Marshal today and caused great interest among the spectators.
Representatives of the Jewish community were officially present at the parade. They included Deputy H. Farbstein, president of the Kehillah, vice-presidents Feldstein and Rosenbaum, Mr. Kirschbraun, Chairman of the Kehillah Council, Rabbi Mises, chaplain in the Polish army, Rabbi Kahane and Rabbi Michelson, and the Jewish deputies in the Polish Sejm.
Special services were held in the Great Synagogue on Tlomackie Street. In the evening a state banquet was given at the royal castle at which the aged Rabbi Perlmutter, Rabbi Schor, Deputy Hartglass, Senator Koerner and editors of the Jewish press were present.
Dramatic developments occurred today, preceding the session of the Sejm which was called for Saturday. The Polish Socialist Party, originally the mainstay of the Marshal, decided to proceed to the opposition of his cabinet. The party ordered Moraczewski, the Minister of Public Works in the Pilsudski government and member of the Polish Socialist Party, to either retire from his cabinet post or resign from parliament as a member of the party.