The tenth anniversary campaign of the Federation for the Support of Jewish Philanthropic Societies ended with $4,815,471.18 subscribed, according to an announcement by Fredericl. Brown, general chairman of the campaign.
The quota was $4,720,000 and the amount subscribed, more than $300,000 in excess of the sum realized by the Cleveland Community Fund, establishes the New York organization as the largest community chest in the world.
The total figure, Mr. Brown explained, includes $112,054.09 received in the 1926 campaign, but not applicable for distribution until 1927.
Final tabulation of figures showed that the bankers’ and brokers’ division led the trade and professional groups for the year, with $800,282.63 subscribed. The real estate division, with $534,354.25, was second; the lawyers’ and judges’ division was third, with $231,874.50 and fourth position was taken by the ready-to-wear industry which raised $227,039.55. The Women’s Division, organized as one of the branches affiliated with the Business Men’s Council, secured for the year a total of $480,553.77 in subscriptions. New members numbering 7,602 were added to the Federation rolls during the campaign, Mr. Brown announced.