Philadelphia, Pa. (Jan. 25)
(Jewish Daily Bulletin)
The work of the National Federation of Temple Sisterhoods was reviewed in reports submitted at the annual meeting of the Executive Board of the organization held here. The sessions were held at the Hotel Warwick and lasted two days. There were present members of the executive board from all parts of the country.
Mrs. J. Walter Freiberg, national president, reported that during the year three new committees were established, one aiming at the organization of a Federation of Young Folks Temple Leagues, another having as its purpose the preparation of literature for the Jewish blind, and the other having as its purpose the raising of funds for the Isaac M. Wise Sisterhood Memorial Fund to be used for dormitory maintenance.
Membership in the federation has increased. Mrs. Freiberg announced, and the other activities have developed and expended. The scholarship committee, she reported, has increased the contributions to the Hebrew Union College Scholarships and for dormitory maintenance, and the uniongram committee distributed a large number of uniongrams during 1927.
Mrs. Freiberg told of the cooperation given by the Sisterhood Federation to the Beralled Art School, and Pro-Falasha Fund, and the Jewish Exploration Society. It was through the Sisterhoods that the Jewish ## which won high praise at the Palladelphia Sesqui-Centennial, was shown throughout the country. Two fellowships of $1.500 each have been awarded to two Hebrew Union College graduates for continued research work in Jewish education at Columbia University.
Rabbi George Zepin, executive secretary of the National Federation reported that the Hebrew Union College and ## Maintenance Fund reached a total of $37.224 during 1927.