Cincinnati (Jun. 3)
A budget calling for an expenditure of $672,794.62 during next year was adopted by the Executive Board of the Union of American Hebrew Congregations which met here yesterday. The Board voted to establish two districts as a start toward a regional federation plan for increased contact between Jews in smaller communities and in the larger centers. Affiliated bodies of the Union, including the Department of Synagogue and School Extension, the National Federation of Temple Sisterhoods and the National Federation of Temple Brotherhoods, will participate with regional rabbis in this work. Regional Conventions will be a feature of the new plan.
The following were reappointed to the New York Executive Committee of the Union: Ben Altheimer, David M. Bressler, Edward R. Cohn. Dr. Lee K. Frankel, Henry M. Goldfarb, Philip J. Goodhart, Rabbi Isaac Landman, Elliot Levy, Philip H. Lustig, Adolph S. Ochs, Meier Steinbrink, Roger W. Straus. Arthur H. Sulzberger, Henry M. Toch and Ludwig Vogelstein, chairman of the Executive Board of the Union of American Hebrew Congregations.
The following members of the Board of Managers of the Department of Synagogue and School Extension whose terms of office expire on January 1, 1930 were reelected for a period of three years: Benjamin Engelhard, Chicago: Julius W. Freiberg, Cincinnati: George A. Gershon, Atlanta; Simeon M. Johnson, Cincinnati; Leon Juda, San Francisco and Henry M. Toch, New York.
Members of the Executive Board present were N. Henry Beckman, Alfred M. Cohen. Julius W. Freiberg. Robert P. Goldman. Jacob W. Mack, Herbert C. Oettinger, Carl E. Pritz, Charles Shohl. Dr. Julian Morgenstern and Rabbis George Zepin and Jacob D. Schwartz, all of Cincinnati; Edwin B. Meissner and Mrs. Maurice Steinfeld of St. Louis; Maurice B. Rosenberg. Washington, D. C.: Herman Wile. Buffalo. N. Y.: Adolph S. Ochs and Ludwig Vogelstein. New York, and Henry Oppenheimer, Baltimore; A. L. Saltzstein, Milwaukee; Milford Stern, Detroit; Dr. Joseph Stolz, Chicago; and A. Leo Weil, Pittsburgh.