Mr. Parkinson Replaces Sir John Shuckburgh As Head of Eastern Department of Colonial Office: Sir Joh

Sir John Evelyn Shuckburgh, K.C.M.G., the head of the Eastern Department of the Colonial Office, who participated in the negotiations with the Jewish Agency with regard to the Development Plan, has been appointed Deputy Under-Secretary of State for the Colonies, it was announced here to-day. Sir John is replaced by Mr. A. C. C. Parkinson, M.A., O.B.E., who will deal now with a number of problems concerning Palestine.

Mr. Parkinson was born in 1884 and educated at Epsom and Oxford. He was Secretary of the Committee of Imperial Bureau of Entomology. In 1914 he was appointed Assistant Private Secretary to Mr. Lewis Harcourt, in 1915 Assistant Private Secretary to Mr. Bonar Law, and in 1920 Private Secretary to Lord Milner.

NEXT STORY