The Ladies’ Auxiliary of the Hospital for Joint Diseases, 1919 Madison avenue, announced the election of Mrs. Frederick Brown as president of the Ladies’ Auxiliary. Mrs. Brown succeeds the late Mrs. Herman C. Frauenthal, who was founder and president of the auxiliary.
The auxiliary, which is in existence for twenty-seven years, as long as the hospital itself, concerns itself with the purchasing and sewing of linens and garments for patients and staff and the preparation of surgical dressings for the Hospital’s operating room and surgical patients.
Other officers of the Ladies’ Auxiliary are;
Mrs. Charles Kaye and Mrs. Herman Plaut, vice-presidents; Mrs. Ignac Neuman, treasurer; Mrs. Estelle Loeb, secretary; and Mrs. Martin L. Katzensiein, chairman of the surgical dressing group. The board includes Mrs. Isador Abrahamson, Mrs. Norbert Bachmann, Mrs. Walter Brickner, Mrs Henry Brill, Mrs. M. Dinkelspiel, Mrs. Harry Finkelstein, Mrs. Leo Rosenthal. Mrs. Jacob Leitner, Mrs. Alfred Pollak, Mrs. Leon Rosenthal, Mrs Albert Wasserman and Mrs. Max Wilner.
Mrs. Brown’s group will hold its annual meeting jointly with the social service department of the hospital on Wedn sday afternoon at the hospital building.