First Baltimore Congregation
Menu JTA Search

First Baltimore Congregation

Download PDF for this date

The Baltimore Hebrew Congregation, known earlier as the congregation Nidche Israel, instituted the first synagogue in that city during the 1830’s.

Founding Funders

The digitization of the JTA Archive would not have been possible without the generous support of the following donors:
  • The Gottesman Fund
  • Righteous Persons Foundation
  • Charles H. Revson Foundation
  • Elisa Spungen Bildner and Robert Bildner, in honor of Norma Spungen
  • George S. Blumenthal
  • Grace and Scott Offen Charitable Fund