With a view to having the structure ready by May 1, 1935, workmen have begun construction of the new Jewish Memorial Hospital, at Broadway and 196th street.
The hospital was ordered by Park Commissioner Moses to vacate its property in order that the city’s plan for an extension of Riverside Drive and Inwood Hill Park may be carried out. An extension of time is expected to be granted, however.
The new hospital, including the land and equipment, will represent an investment of about $1,250,000. Of this sum $350,000 is being advanced in the form of a PWA loan.