Building plans totalling an expenditure of more than $12,500,000 were approved by the city engineering department in 1934, according to figures made public by the official organ of the municipality.
During the twelve months period 2,113 permits were granted for the erection of 13,697 rooms and 346 shops. In the same period in 1933, 2,290 permits were issued for building purposes.
The cornerstone of the Domestic Science School of the Women’s Zionist Organization was laid by Mrs. Israel Sieff, chairman of the London Executive of the organization.
The new building will be ready for occupancy in the summer of 1935. Mrs. Elsa Gidoni is the archtect of the new school which will cost $50,000 to erect.