JERUSALEM (Sep. 1)
The reported terms on which the Arabs would abandon the general strike against Jewish immigration and its attendant violence were disclosed today in the Palestine Post, the Holy Land’s only English-language newspaper.
The terms include the following:
1) General amnesty for all Arabs held in connection with the disorders.
2) Suspension of immigration until the Royal Commission completes its forthcoming investigation.
3) Guarantee by the Palestine Government that the Royal Commission will recommend restriction of immigration in the future.
4) Iraq’s representative (Foreign Minister Nuri Pasha as-Said) to appear before the Royal Commission to support Arab demands.
5) Iraq to be allowed to continue its efforts to ensure execution of the commission’s findings.