NEW YORK (Oct. 5)
Justice Edgar J. Nathan. Jr., president, and Rabbi David de Sola Pool, spiritual leader, of Congregation Shearith Israel, last night accepted a gift of a kiddush cup from Alfred E. Mingle of the Salem Lutheran Church of Aaronsburg, Penna. The gift was made in advance of the congregation’s celebration next year of the tercentenary of its founding.
The cup is patterned after a cup in a communion set given the Lutheran Church in 1799 by Aaron Levy, founder of Aaronsburg. Mr. Levy also donated the site on which the church stands.