FRANKFURT (Jul. 29)
Joint Distribution Committee has completed the removal to Frankfurt of its German central offices, which had been maintained at Munich ever since 1945.
The move is evidence of the gradual shift of the Jewish center of gravity in Germany away from Bavaria, where most DP camps were located in the period following the war. Frankfurt will also be the seat of the Central Welfare Agency of the Jews in Germany, upon which is devolving much of the direct relief and assistance hitherto rendered in German cities by the JDC.
A. regional JDC office will remain in Munich, however, to serve Bavaria as a whole and, more particularly, Foehrenwald, the last remaining Jewish DP camp on German soil.