Menu JTA Search

France and Israel Sign New Trade Pact; Israelis Laud Agreement

SIGN UP FOR THE JTA DAILY BRIEFING

France and Israel today signed a new trade pact providing for Israel to export about $10, 500,000 worth of goods to France and to accept $15, 000, 000 worth of imports from France.

The pact, greeted with great satisfaction in Israeli economic circles as an aid to Israel’s industrial and agricultural expansion, provides for Israel to pay 75 percent of the most of French goods in Israeli products and the remaining 25 percent in cash. Last year. Israel paid half in cash and half in kind for French imports.

NEXT STORY