CLEVELAND (May. 28)
The Cleveland Jewish Welfare Fund Appeal for 1959 closed last night with pledges received totalling $5,152,231, the second highest total in the history of the Cleveland Jewish community. Eugene H. Goodman, general chairman of the appeal, announced the results at a dinner meeting marking the close of the campaign.
The total compares with $4, 827, 900 raised in 1958. Edward Ginsburg was co-chairman of the campaign sponsored by the Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland of which L. W. Neumark is president and Henry L. Zucker executive director.