NEW YORK (Nov. 17)
The Renault automotive firm has submitted four documents to the Arab League Boycott Office to prove that it has discontinued its business connections with Israel, the Cairo newspaper Al Ahram reported in its issue of Nov. 9th, copies of which were received in New York today.
The Egyptian daily said the French firm acted to show its compliance with the League’s regulations and had requested that its name be removed from the blacklist. The firm was told to provide the boycott office with a copy of the notice of cancellation of its contract with Israel and also with the confirmation of this action by the French Government which, the newspaper said, was the principal shareholder in Reggie Renault.
Renault informed the boycott office, Al Ahram added, that a document had been prepared which had been delivered to the Lebanese Embassy in Paris to be forwarded to the Arab League.