Mrs. Heller, Chicago Philanthropist, Gives $1,000,000 to Brandeis U.
Menu JTA Search

Mrs. Heller, Chicago Philanthropist, Gives $1,000,000 to Brandeis U.

Download PDF for this date

Mrs. Florence G. Heller, of Chicago, who had already contributed a gift that enabled Brandeis University here to establish the Florence Heller Graduate School for Advanced Studies in Social Welfare, today contributed a $1,000,000 endowment to the university.

The new fund, according to Brandeis officials, will fully underwrite the administrative expenses of the Florence Heller school opened in 1959. Mrs. Heller, former vice-chairman of the women’s division of the United Jewish Appeal, is president of the Jewish Community Centers Division of the National Jewish Welfare Board. She is also a trustee of Brandeis University and a vice-president of JWB’s national board.

Founding Funders

The digitization of the JTA Archive would not have been possible without the generous support of the following donors:
  • The Gottesman Fund
  • Righteous Persons Foundation
  • Charles H. Revson Foundation
  • Elisa Spungen Bildner and Robert Bildner, in honor of Norma Spungen
  • George S. Blumenthal
  • Grace and Scott Offen Charitable Fund