TEL AVIV (Jul. 21)
A community hall named in honor of Mrs. Rose L. Halprin, chairman of the American section of the Jewish Agency, was dedicated here today in Batzra Village, near Kfar Saba. The settlement, which now has about 200 members, was founded in 1946 by 40 ex-servicemen from the British Army. It takes its name from the city of Basra, in Iraq, where the Palestinians served and met, at which time they decided to form the settlement group.
Cultural activities in the settlement, formerly held in the village warehouse, will receive a new impetus with the additional facilities provided by the Rose L. Halprin Community Hall. Future plans include the addition of a club house, buffet, library and air raid shelter.