NEW YORK (Mar. 27)
A gift of $1 million to Yeshiva University’s Stern College for Women was announced by Max Stern today at ground-breaking ceremonies for a new $4.5 million building on the college’s mid-town Manhattan campus. Mr. Stern has contributed a total of $5 million to Stern College since the school was founded in 1954. He is vice chairman of Yeshiva University’s Board of Trustees.
(The Evelynne and Max. M. Low medical research building at the Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical School was dedicated in Jerusalem in the presence of the American couple who donated $1 million to build it. Mr. Low is a governor of the Hebrew University. He has donated additional sums for the Mina and Maier Low Gardens, named in honor of his parents. The ceremonies were attended by Mayor Teddy Kollek of Jerusalem and Hebrew University president Avraham Harman. The Lows also contributed funds for an electronics workshop building at the university named for Robert and Frieda Low, their son and daughter-in-law.)