JERUSALEM (Nov. 2)
The Health Ministry denied today that the World Health Organization had declared Israel to be a cholera-infected area. The Ministry said that erroneous press reports to that effect stemmed from information sent to the WHO by Israel reporting a single case of cholera in the Bethlehem area. WHO, as a matter of routine, informed other member states, a Ministry spokesman said. The new cholera case, discovered last Thursday was the first in 15 days. A serious cholera outbreak which lasted from mid-August to mid-October was declared ended last month.