TEL AVIV (May. 13)
Defense Minister Moshe Arens said today that he expects to receive shortly the report of an army investigation of the circumstances surrounding the deaths of four terrorists when soldiers stormed a bus they had hijacked last month.
According to the official version of the incident, which occurred in the Gaza Strip April 13, two terrorists were killed instantly and the other two died shortly afterwards of their wounds. But newsmen at the scene reported that at least one of the terrorists was taken into custody unharmed, implying that he was killed after his capture.
Arens appointed a military commission, headed by Gen. (res.) Meir Zorea to investigate those reports. Defense Ministry sources said tonight that at least part of Zorea’s findings would be made public.