Out-patient Deaths Ruled an Accident

A preliminary medical investigation into the deaths of two out-patients at the Beilinson Hospital in Petach Tikva reveals that their deaths were apparently caused by a pharmacist’s error.

The two men died after drinking pre-X-ray laxatives that were accidentally poisoned. Medical sources say the poisoning resulted from the failure to add a substance to the laxative which neutralizes or weakens other components.

It is being called a human error rather than a willful act.

The 30-year-old pharmacist who mixed the laxatives has been temporarily suspended. She denies any responsibility, insisting that poisonous materials are kept under lock and key.

NEXT STORY