ROME (Jan. 25)
Convicted Nazi war criminal Erich Priebke says he will meet with a relative of one of his victims.
Priebke, a former Nazi SS captain, was convicted last year of participating in the execution of 335 Italian men and boys, 75 of them Jews, in March 1944 at the Ardeatine Caves south of Rome.
Priebke was sentenced to five years in jail for his role in the massacre, but the time was reduced to less than a year because of time he had already served. He is serving out the remainder of his sentence under house arrest.
Priebke, 84, said in an interview on Italian state radio over the weekend that he was organizing a “face-to-face meeting” with a man his own age who was a relative of one of the victims.
He did not reveal the name of the person or where and when the meeting would take place.