The country’s largest Jewish-focused foundation, the Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation, which has about $2.3 billion in assets and gives away more than $110 million per year, has hired two new program officers.
Amy Kleine will focus on grants addressing the issues of workforce development, homelessness, and hunger.
Alycia Steinberg will focus on grants addressing the issues of health care, especially focused on direct services for older adults.
Both will also serve on the team responsible for administering the foundation’s Maryland Small Grants Program for non-profits seeking operating budget grants of up to $50,000 a year for two years.
On the job opening front, there are again more development director positions open all over the country.
Jewish Family and Life Media in Boston is looking for a Development Director.
And Hillel has a number of jobs open at local outposts:
- Development and Office Manager-Hillel Second Generation, Aventura, FL.
- Development Coordinator-Johns Hopkins University Hillel, Baltimore, MD.
- Development Director-New Orleans Hillel, New Orleans, LA.
- Development Director-Towson University Hillel, Towson, MD.
- Development Director-University of Virginia Hillel, Charlottesville, VA.
And here’s the Fundermentalist pitch: If you are a foundation or non-profit professional and know of any openings or new hires, let the Fundermentalist know at email@example.com.