Israel suspended imports to the Gaza Strip.
The Defense Ministry announced Wednesday that two commercial crossings on the Israel-Gaza border will be closed until further notice in response to a Palestinian rocket salvo.
Tuesday’s attack, claimed by Islamic Jihad terrorists, wounded two people in Sderot and shook up a Gaza cease-fire secured last week through Egyptian mediation. Israel did not retaliate militarily and Hamas, which controls Gaza, said it was trying to keep other factions from firing further rockets and mortars.
Under the truce, Israel increased the amount of cargo allowed into Gaza through Karni and Sufa crossings.
Defense officials said the crossings, which were meant to have opened on Wednesday morning for routine operations, will remain closed until further notice.