- Sen. Joe Lieberman’s legislative director Joe Goffman quit yesterday, and Politico says it was a protest against his boss’ endosement of John McCain – and notes a half-dozen other recent defections. Here’s Goffman’s farewell e-mail.
- Bradley Burston in Haaretz compares the language in the Democratic and Republican platforms on Israel-related issues.
- In another piece, Burston writes that Israel has “disappeared” as a campaign issue, but offers seven ways it could return to “haunt” the campaign.
- Mark Silk at the blog Spiritual Politics predicts Palin’s nomination will help Obama among Jews and predicts a 70-28 breakdown in the Jewish vote for the Democrat.
- Jewish comedienne and performance artist Sandra Bernhard starts a month-long run at the Washington DCJCC’s Theater J tonight and tells a D.C. gay weekly that John McCain is “hypocritical and stupid” for pointing fingers at celebrities.
Take action. Take control. Get screened to protect the health of your future family. Request your kit at Jscreen.org!