To the Editor:
This "interfaith dialogue" is nothing but a whitewash of Islam; it is not a dialogue at all. True dialogue requires putting all the differences on the table and discussing them. For example, standard Sharia law says that "Jihad means to make war on non-Muslims." Why was this not mentioned?
Instead we read in the article that Islam does not require violence and war against non-Muslims. But, yes, Islam requires precisely that!
Here are a couple of passages from the Koran and Muhammad which make that absolutely clear:
* Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God’s religion shall reign supreme. (8:40)
* We will put terror into the hearts of the unbelievers. (3:151)
* Muhammad said, "I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say ‘None has the right to be worshiped but Allah’ " …
* Muhammad said, "Fight in the name of Allah and in the way of Allah.
* Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a holy war …"
Why doesn’t this "interfaith dialogue" deal with these and many other similar passages from the Islamic holy texts?