(JTA) – Three former French soldiers who had previously been suspected of possible involvement in the shooting attack on a Jewish school in Toulouse were questioned and released by French police.
The men, who were dismissed from the military in 2008 for posing with a Nazi flag, have been eliminated as suspects, the French news agency AFP reported Tuesday.
French investigators reportedly still believe that the attack was carried out by right-wing extremists.
A man riding a motorbike opened fire Monday outside the Ozar Hatorah School in Toulouse, where students were waiting to enter the building at the start of the school day, before fleeing. Rabbi Jonathan Sandler, 30, and his two young sons, as well as the 7-year-old daughter of the school’s principal, were killed in the attack.
The school will reopen Wednesday for the first time since the attack, AFP reported.
French Interior Minister Claude Gueant said Tuesday that the gunman may have been filming the attack with a camera attached to his chest. He said that French police are searching the Internet to see if a video of the attack has been posted online, according to reports.