U.S. Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman became America’s sweetheart during the 2012 London Games.
Her two gold medals and one bronze — and overall amazing performance — made everyone proud. And that was especially true in the Jewish community, as Raisman is a proud Boston Jew and danced her floor routines to “Hava Nagila.”
Since she returned from London, she has been documenting all the really fun things she’s been doing and uploading photos to her very active and popular Instagram account. We collected what we think are the 21 best things she’s done.
If you feel jealous… well, you should be, but remember all the crazy routines and drills she did to get to where she is now. So you better start practicing.
1. Ended the trading at the New York Stock Exchange
2. Visited the Empire State Building with her fellow U.S. gymnasts
3. Hung out with Nicki Minaj
4. Made a “Got Milk?” ad with the Knicks’ Carmelo Anthony
5. Helped a girl do her back to school shopping
6. And high-fived another girl
7. Bit her own gold medal
8. Posed with a bottle of water
9. And with a bottle of chocolate milk
10. And with these cool glasses and a giant box of Red Vines
11. Rocked the same glasses with fellow gymnast Jordyn Wieber
12. And with McKayla Maroney and former U.S. Olympic gymnast Nastia Liukin!
13. Met Rihanna, who kinda looked like a wax figure
14. And Taylor Swift, who kinda looked like Waldo
15. Cut a giant cake. Really, it was 700lbs.
16. Duckfaced with McKayla Maroney (and was photobombed by male gymnast John Orzoco)
17. Made some phone calls with McKayla Maroney using an old-fashioned phone
18. Laughed at the questions presented to her by the press
“Of course I go to sleep with my medals around my neck, what kind of question is that?”
19. Visited Patriots owner Robert Kraft and his three Superbowl trophies
20. Showed Joan Rivers her newest bling – a gold medal
21. And took Rivers’ spot as an “E!” Red Carpet correspondent
22. But nothing is as awesome as this giant box of Corn Flakes
23. “I’m sorry, is my hair in the way of these gold medals?”