JTA is looking for a new feature writer!
SUMMARY: JTA is seeking a plucky, entrepreneurial reporter to write feature stories about people, issues and trends affecting young American Jews and Jewish communities. You should be able to suss out great feature story opportunities on your own and write engaging, magazine-type pieces in 1,000-word increments.
The ideal candidate will have journalistic experience, familiarity with American Jewry; excellent reporting and writing abilities; and the ability to work quickly and meet deadlines. This position is based in New York, but we are open to a reporter based in another major American Jewish community.
• Writing feature stories
• Identifying and developing engaging stories
• Ability to work quickly and on deadline
• An ability to ferret out good stories
• Ability to develop a features beat and excel in reporting on it;
• Familiarity with American Jewish issues
• Excellent reporting and writing skills
3+ years journalistic experience
Bachelor’s degree required
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time, salaried position with health benefits and vacation, personal and sick days.
Please submit resume and samples of work to: Jobs@jta.org. Absolutely no calls please.