JTA, the global Jewish news service, is looking for a staff writer to work out of our New York headquarters. The staff writer will report stories on community, religion, and culture for a dynamic and respected news organization. The right candidate will be smart, quick, versatile, and able to delve into and learn new beats. Our coverage aims to penetrate beneath the surface to illuminate larger trends and tackle the critical questions facing the Jewish community. Main areas of coverage for the position may include Jewish life and religion, communal affairs, and interfaith relations.
• Writing news and feature stories
• Covering breaking news stories
• Beat reporting, including uncovering scoops on your beat
• Identifying and developing compelling stories
• Identifying and developing relationships with sources
• Other duties as needed
• Excellent reporting and writing skills
• Ability to work quickly and on deadline
• Ability to identify compelling story ideas
• Past journalism experience is required
This is a full-time, salaried position with a full benefits package, including health coverage. Please submit resume and 2-4 writing samples to: email@example.com. No calls please.
Founded in 1917, the Jewish Telegraphic Agency is a global Jewish news service. JTA is a nonprofit organization that prides itself on producing compelling, credible, independent and high-quality journalism. Our articles are syndicated to more than 70 Jewish publications around the world.