(JTA) — A cottage caught fire at the Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center in Connecticut.
Firefighters from several northern Connecticut towns arrived early Thursday morning to put out the fire at the center in Canaan, about an hour from Hartford. No one was injured.
A person in the cottage when it caught fire was able to get out and call for help, NBC Connecticut reported.
Fire officials believe a lit candle started the fire.
The retreat center, part of the Hazon non-profit organization, is home to the Adamah Jewish agricultural program and the Teva Jewish ecological program. It offers Jewish holiday experiences, workshops, festivals, farm vacations, retreats, yoga classes, prayer services and farm-to-table kosher meals, according to its website.