September 22, 2009 9:46pm
U.S. counterterrorism officials have warned stadiums, entertainment complexes and hotels of potential attacks.
September 22, 2009 9:37pm
Human rights groups urged the U.N. General Assembly to appoint a special envoy to investigate human rights violations in Iran.
September 18, 2009 4:43pm
With Madoff and money-laundering rabbis as subjects, many rabbis are using their High Holidays sermons this year to talk about what public scandal can teach us about how to live our private lives.
September 15, 2009 9:32pm
A Massachusetts high school cross country team will boycott an invitational meet scheduled on Rosh Hashanah.
September 15, 2009 9:23pm
Vandals defaced the front door of The Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society in the Ukrainian capital of Kiev with Nazi symbols.
September 3, 2009 7:29pm
Family and close friends attended the funeral for the Jewish celebrity DJ AM.
September 2, 2009 7:38pm
A Yankees-Red Sox game was rescheduled to avoid a conflict with Yom Kippur.
September 1, 2009 9:19pm
An international initiative to give Holocaust victims interred in mass graves a proper Jewish burial will be launched in Eastern Europe.
August 31, 2009 11:37pm
Several U.S. states are cutting funding for Holocaust education programs due to cutbacks.
August 31, 2009 8:08pm
The Justice Department is seeking to deport a Michigan resident for collaborating with the Nazis.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- South African mohel banned for life for botching bris
- Ex-Maryland woman at center of Jewish divorce controversy remarries without ‘get’
- Israelis were brutalized, castrated at Munich Olympics, widows reveal
- Why Shelly Silver won’t be sharing a prison cell with Willie Rapfogel
- Report: Paris attacks mastermind planned attack on Jews as well
- Polish Jewish leader heads protest against new parliament
- King of Spain honors Sephardic Jews in ceremony recognizing citizenship law
- Rio Jews, evangelicals rally for peace in Israel
- Woman at center of Jewish divorce controversy remarries without ‘get’
- Mark Zuckerberg pledges to donate $45B in Facebook shares over lifetime
- Sean Penn, in Tel Aviv, praises Israeli aid group working in Haiti