September 3, 2012 7:13pm
Embedded within Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur and Sukkot are three of humanity’s cardinal touchstones: accounting and judgment; mercy and atonement; and the joy of life, writes Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz.
May 22, 2012 3:22pm
The mysteries of Shavuot’s origins are understood when seeing the holiday as the conclusion of Passover, writes a prominent author and Talmudist.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- Former Hasid shared anti-Hasidic Judaism essay a week before killing herself
- James Franco to have bar mitzvah, with help from Seth Rogen
- U.S. preparing to release Jonathan Pollard: Wall Street Journal