July 27, 2009 1:02am
In China, the first major Israel studies seminar went on at Peking University despite many roadblocks and was lauded by participants before moving on for two more weeks at another university there.
June 15, 2009 8:04pm
In the latest JTA video, reporter Alison Klayman visits Morocco’s Atlas Mountains to explore the Jewish ritual of hiloula — the remembrance of great rabbis and Jewish sages.
June 15, 2009 7:18pm
JTA’s Alison Klayman visits Morocco’s Atlas Mountains to explore the Jewish ritual of hiloula — the remembrance of great rabbis and Jewish sages.
January 21, 2009 8:15pm
Nearly 30 people gathered in my apartment, also known as Moishe House Beijing, to watch the live, sometimes stuttering feed of Obama’s inauguration. There was a young Israeli couple, a Swede, an errant Irish girl and the rest were Americans. Given the expectations resting on the day and the speech to come, the invocation by…
January 13, 2009 9:21pm
China’s special Mideast envoy was set to travel to Israel, as the country said it would increase its involvement in solving the Gaza conflict.
January 7, 2009 9:40pm
Scheduled tours to Israel during China’s heaviest travel season were canceled.
January 6, 2009 7:17pm
China pledged $1 million in aid to Palestinians and called for a cease-fire.
November 25, 2008 10:48pm
Five-year-old Yang Bin was one of about 80 Chinese children who traveled many miles last week hoping that the team of visiting Israeli doctors could repair his heart.
November 9, 2008 7:32pm
The Israel Chamber of Commerce in China held its first meeting in Beijing.
November 3, 2008 8:28pm
Israel’s agricultural minister said he sipped from a milk carton at an Israeli-Sino dairy farm “without any doubts.”
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Republicans deny downsizing Trump event in Jerusalem
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary