December 8, 2009 7:44pm
More than 200 students from Washington and New York universities took a break from studying for final exams last week to lobby Congress to support a bill sanctioning Iran for its nuclear ambitions. The lobby mission, sponsored by several student groups from all the schools, was a day-long affair that yielded 52 separate meetings with…
December 8, 2009 4:30pm
An activist in Puerto Rico called for a boycott of local Jewish businesses, saying a primate-breeding facility approved for construction there is one of many “Jewish economic interests.”
December 8, 2009 1:46am
B’nai B’rith International’s new president said he will focus on getting the group’s message to a wider audience.
December 8, 2009 1:39am
Political and civic leaders largely turn a blind eye to flourishing anti-Semitism and anti-Israel sentiment in Egypt, a new report said.
December 6, 2009 5:43pm
Negotiations between Hamas and Israel to release kidnapped Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit have hit a significant snag, according to news reports.
December 4, 2009 7:01pm
Iran must give up its nuclear ambitions in the next month or face sanctions, a White House spokesman said.
December 4, 2009 2:29am
A bipartisan group of U.S. lawmakers wrote to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton seeking a push toward the disarmament of Hezbollah.
December 1, 2009 10:24pm
The Jewish Labor Committee is calling on Jews to boycott Hyatt Hotels.
November 30, 2009 9:46pm
Chelsea Clinton is engaged to marry her Jewish boyfriend of two years.
November 25, 2009 8:12pm
A research and development foundation will provide up to $3.3 million to fund four clean-energy projects in the United States and Israel, the U.S. Department of Energy announced.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
High Holidays 2016Celebrity chefs share their Rosh Hashanah recipes
- Amy Schumer’s defense against racism accusations: ‘You got the wrong Jew’
- Here’s the insanely long list of US dignitaries attending Shimon Peres’ funeral
- Saying goodbye to Shimon Peres, world leaders talk peace and love
- Abbas to attend Peres funeral, Arab-Israeli party leader Ayman Odeh will not
- In rare tribute, Obama orders flags flown at half-staff for Peres
- Bill Clinton joins throng of Israelis in viewing casket of Shimon Peres at the Knesset
- Anti-Semitic fliers put on cars at San Francisco-area train stops
- Residents of Shimon Peres’ Belarus birthplace gather outside his childhood home
- British Labour Party activist questions Holocaust Remembrance Day, existence of anti-Semitism
- Human rights groups urge US to probe Israeli soldiers’ killing of Palestinian-American teen
- On the road with Bill and Barack
- Hillary Clinton urges Jews to aim for their ‘best selves’ in call to get out the vote
- What does a libertarian like Gary Johnson’s running mate see in Shimon Peres?
- Trump NYC fundraiser co-hosted by prominent Jews expected to bring in $1 million
- The ‘big league’ Jewish moments in the first Trump-Clinton debate
- Netanyahu, following debate, tells Cabinet it does not matter who is elected US president