April 29, 2002 9:00am
Jean-Marie Le Pen has already been crowned the latest symbol of voter alienation in Europe, but France´s beleaguered Jewish community wants to ensure Le Pen never makes it to the country´s presidential palace.
April 22, 2002 9:00am
The strong showing of far-right leader Jean-Marie Le Pen in the first round of France´s presidential elections holds some bitter ironies for the nation´s Jews.
April 16, 2002 9:00am
With the first round of presidential elections set to begin Sunday, Jewish issues have been thrust into a prominent role on the French political stage.
April 1, 2002 10:00am
A fresh outburst of anti-Semitic violence throughout France has Jewish leaders fearing the return of Kristallnacht. The reference to the horrors of Nazi Germany, issued by French Jewish leader Jean Kahn, hit the French dailies Monday morning following a w
March 6, 2002 10:00am
Given the spate of anti-Jewish attacks linked to the Palestinian intifada, French Jewish leaders were surprisingly quiet about Israeli Foreign Minister Shimon Peres´ comments on his recent visit to France.
February 7, 2002 10:00am
With presidential elections approaching — and with the addition of the far-right Jean-Marie Le Pen to the race — French Jewish leaders see an opportunity to air their grievances with a government they believe has waffled in its response to ant
January 21, 2002 10:00am
Jews in the Paris region have stepped up their drive against a wave of anti-Semitic aggression that many feel has reached epidemic proportions.
January 15, 2002 10:00am
Israeli officials are reacting to increased anti-Semitic violence in France with harsh words and financial incentives aimed at increasing immigration to the Jewish state.
December 26, 2001 10:00am
French Jews have won an important victory in their struggle against Holocaust deniers.
December 17, 2001 10:00am
After more than a year of rising anti-Semitism, France´s prime minister, Lionel Jospin, may be ready to address the issue.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- ‘Hot cop’ from Hurricane Irma selfie suspended over anti-Semitic Facebook posts
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Marc Zuckerberg posts photo giving century-old kiddush cup to daughter
- Israeli army goes to war against smoking
- Trump says US cannot ‘abide’ Iran nuclear deal, ignores Israeli-Palestinian peace in UN speech
- Neo-Nazi group marches through Swedish city in run-up to planned Yom Kippur demonstration
- Rabbi to lead NYC’s annual Muslim Day Parade
- Netanyahu praises Trump’s defense of Israel as UN General Assembly convenes