May 17, 2015 6:25am
“Overt expressions of nationalism” were banned from the Vancouver Queer Film Festival after an advertisement featuring an Israeli flag prompted accusations of “pink washing.”
February 1, 2015 7:08am
The student senate’s nonbinding resolution was passed a couple of days before the two swastikas were spray-painted on Alpha Epsilon Pi’s off-campus house.
November 24, 2014 12:49pm
Speaking from Iraq, Gillian Rosenberg told Israel Radio that she was training with the Kurdish YPG with plans to fight in Syria.
November 12, 2014 7:07am
The Canadian coach, a Holocaust denier, insists he never mentioned his Nazi sympathies to his players, who were in grades 6 to 9.
June 5, 2014 3:14pm
A Jewish UCLA student active in Israel advocacy is expected to be named to the University of California Board of Regents following his nomination by a special committee.
June 5, 2014 5:56am
The University of California, Santa Cruz student government passed a resolution calling for divestment from companies that do business with the Israeli military.
May 2, 2014 12:54pm
Winnipeg’s leading synagogue withdrew an invitation for the University of Manitoba’s president to address its Yom Hashoah interfaith service following anti-Israel events on the university campus, the National Post reported.
April 8, 2014 6:40am
The student union at Ryerson University in Toronto voted to join the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement aimed at Israel.
March 4, 2014 5:21am
Students at the University of Windsor in Ontario passed a referendum supporting the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement targeting Israel.
February 26, 2014 10:42am
The UCLA student council rejected a resolution calling for divestment from five American companies that are accused of abusing Palestinian human rights.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- U of Maryland football offers a handy workaround for Shabbat-observant fans
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Report: Jerusalem pro-Trump rally downsized
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary