February 25, 2014 4:57pm
A pro-Palestinian group in Canada, calling Ehud Barak an “Israel war criminal,” is protesting a visit by the former Israeli prime minister.
December 11, 2013 7:03am
A Montreal blogger was cleared in a libel claim brought by leaders of the city’s Hasidic community.
November 14, 2013 7:04am
A Quebec candidate says she regrets comments she made two years ago calling for an end to circumcision and “Jewish” to be removed from a Montreal hospital.
October 30, 2013 6:47am
Quebec’s agricultural minister is looking to tighten regulations for kosher and halal meat production.
October 14, 2013 4:18pm
An Israel advocacy group has launched a transit campaign in opposition to anti-Israel ads on Vancouver buses and light rail stations.
September 30, 2013 5:21pm
Instability in the Middle East presents an incentive to advance Israeli-Palestinian peace, Vice President Joe Biden told J Street’s annual conference.
September 30, 2013 11:51am
While Israel reacts with skepticism to the Iranian charm offensive, presenters at this week’s J Street conference in Washington argued for taking Iran at face value and giving diplomacy a chance.
September 30, 2013 5:57am
Israel will accept a peace agreement that includes handing over Arab parts of Jerusalem, senior Likud lawmaker Tzachi Hanegbi said.
September 29, 2013 12:06am
Tzipi Livni, the top Israeli peace negotiator, made an impassioned case for peace with the Palestinians and for supporting Israel’s army in remarks to J Street’s national policy conference.
August 28, 2013 3:33pm
The head of the Jewish federation in Vancouver and the Canadian city’s transit agency are at odds over the legality of an anti-Israel ad campaign on buses there.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- ‘Hot cop’ from Hurricane Irma selfie suspended over anti-Semitic Facebook posts
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Marc Zuckerberg posts photo giving century-old kiddush cup to daughter
- Iran’s supreme leader warns world powers against pressuring his country
- Netanyahu says non-Orthodox Jews used Western Wall deal to gain recognition
- Leonard Cohen memorial concert in Montreal to feature Sting, Elvis Costello
- Chabad leaders call for reporting child abuse to secular authorities
- St. Louis synagogue opens doors to protesters against police shooting