August 26, 2013 1:34pm
The largest wildfire in California’s history has led to the evacuation of a Jewish summer camp and destroyed at least one of its buildings.
August 25, 2013 6:45am
A plan by Quebec’s government to ban “religious symbols,” including yarmulkes or kippot, among public sector workers has elicited worry from religious minorities in the Canadian province.
July 21, 2013 6:50am
Alaska opened its first Jewish museum in Anchorage, the state’s largest city.
July 18, 2013 6:39am
The capital of Montana has become the site of a billboard battle over American support for Israel.
July 17, 2013 7:00am
A group of prominent Canadian Jews launched an organization to protest changes to Canada’s immigration policy.
July 9, 2013 6:04pm
A tragic death recently put Camp Towanga in the news. But for years the Bay Area camp has been best known for its pluralist, nondenominational approach to serving a region with one of the lowest affiliation rates of any major Jewish community.
July 7, 2013 5:55am
A suspect in the alleged plot to bomb the British Columbia Legislature had made anti-Semitic statements online.
July 3, 2013 3:39pm
A tree fell through a dining hall at a Jewish summer camp in Northern California, killing one and requiring four others to be airlifted to a nearby hospital.
June 26, 2013 2:26pm
Hamas posted a video showing former captive Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit preparing to be released.
June 4, 2013 6:14am
A former U.S. attorney is moving to the West Bank to help the Palestinian Authority strengthen its justice system in anticipation of statehood.
- Jewish cancer patient finds bone marrow donor following worldwide search, Kim Kardashian’s pitch
- Amar’e Stoudemire’s son, barred from Israeli youth basketball, invited to try baseball
- Jenna Jameson fires back at David Duke claim that Jews dominate porn
- NYPD sees ‘huge spike’ in hate crimes post-election — Jews targeted most
- Brooklyn mother who lost 7 children in house fire plans to build family center on site
- ‘Alt-right’ leader Richard Spencer: ‘Heil Trump’ at supremacist event was fun, exuberance
- ‘Birthright for moms’ resonates with world’s small Jewish communities
- Swiss court overturns hate-incitement conviction for Jewish musician’s Facebook remarks
- Far-right candidate Norbert Hofer loses Austrian presidential bid
- Online petition calls on Trump to move US Embassy to Jerusalem
- Shimon Peres’ son, granddaughter to light Hanukkah candles at White House