May 7, 2009 11:17pm
Nearly a year after the small Jewish community in Tajikistan had its synagogue demolished to make way for a new presidential palace, the community got a new one.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Rock legend Phil Lesh gathers musician friends for a Grateful Dead Passover
- As Jews flee Belgium, a seder marks a family exodus
- Actress Lea Michele discovers her Greek-Jewish roots
- Ex-mayor of London suspended from Labour for saying Hitler was Zionist
- Sides swap character attacks in trial over Bay Area’s Koret Foundation
- Palestinians riot as Jewish worshippers visit Joseph’s Tomb
- Bernie Sanders to lay off ‘hundreds’ of staffers
- Donald Trump: Obama is no friend of Israel
- After weeks of brickbats, Bernie Sanders offers Hillary Clinton a bouquet
- Establishment candidates win Dem Senate nods in Md., Pa.
- Trump sweeps 5 states, Clinton wins 4
- In Nevada, an open House seat, a Jewish front-runner and a Muslim candidate who feels dissed by his party