January 26, 2010 8:30pm
If there’s any upshot to the misunderstanding that grounded a small aircraft last week in Philadelphia — and scared the wits out of two Jewish teenagers — it’s that the general public might now know a bit more about tefillin.
December 3, 2009 5:19pm
As the congregational arm of the Conservative movement continues its structural overhaul — brought on in part by a decline in membership and a $1.3 million budget deficit – some 500 people are expected in Cherry Hill, N.J., next week for the group’s biennial convention.
March 27, 2008 9:00am
U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.) said that American efforts to bring Israelis and Palestinians to the negotiating table have often resulted in a reduction in violence, even if a lasting peace has proved elusive.
November 9, 2006 10:00am
The obstacles facing Republicans nationwide as well as Sen. Rick Santorum’s own combative style, proved too much to overcome as Pennsylvania voters handed Democrat Bob Casey a victory by an early-round knockout.
January 20, 2005 10:00am
Constitutional law expert Noah Feldman talks about how it felt to be a Jew and an American in Iraq as he helped that war-torn country set up an interim constitution.
November 2, 2003 10:00am
A congregant from Philadelphia´s Temple Sinai was sentenced to five years in prison for embezzling more than $1 million from the house of worship, shocking fellow members.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- 16-year-old girl stabbed at Jerusalem pride parade dies of wounds
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- 6 marchers stabbed at Jerusalem gay pride parade
- The Israeli razor ad that will make you cry
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- For first time in 100 years, outsider tapped to lead Looksteins’ N.Y. shul