January 26, 2010 8:30pm
If there’s any upshot to the misunderstanding that grounded a small aircraft last week in Philadelphia — and scared the wits out of two Jewish teenagers — it’s that the general public might now know a bit more about tefillin.
December 3, 2009 5:19pm
As the congregational arm of the Conservative movement continues its structural overhaul — brought on in part by a decline in membership and a $1.3 million budget deficit – some 500 people are expected in Cherry Hill, N.J., next week for the group’s biennial convention.
March 27, 2008 9:00am
U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.) said that American efforts to bring Israelis and Palestinians to the negotiating table have often resulted in a reduction in violence, even if a lasting peace has proved elusive.
November 9, 2006 10:00am
The obstacles facing Republicans nationwide as well as Sen. Rick Santorum’s own combative style, proved too much to overcome as Pennsylvania voters handed Democrat Bob Casey a victory by an early-round knockout.
January 20, 2005 10:00am
Constitutional law expert Noah Feldman talks about how it felt to be a Jew and an American in Iraq as he helped that war-torn country set up an interim constitution.
November 2, 2003 10:00am
A congregant from Philadelphia´s Temple Sinai was sentenced to five years in prison for embezzling more than $1 million from the house of worship, shocking fellow members.
- Saban says Keith Ellison’s DNC win would bring ‘disaster’ to relationship between Jews and Dems
- Amar’e Stoudemire’s son, barred from Israeli youth basketball, invited to try baseball
- Jenna Jameson fires back at David Duke claim that Jews dominate porn
- ‘Alt-right’ leader Richard Spencer: ‘Heil Trump’ at supremacist event was fun, exuberance
- Brooklyn mother who lost 7 children in house fire plans to build family center on site
- Foundation of Jared Kushner’s parents donated tens of thousands of dollars to West Bank groups
- Swiss court overturns hate-incitement conviction for Jewish musician’s Facebook remarks
- Christian-funded philanthropy claims a fifth of Jewish immigration in ’16, irking main aliyah body
- New York state releases blacklist of 13 foreign firms that back BDS
- Ontario passes motion rejecting BDS
- ADL decries anti-Muslim attacks