October 5, 2008 9:00am
Acts of torture on prisoners at Guantanamo and elsewhere requires that we engage in a searching self-examination, especially during the High Holidays season, a Washington rabbi says.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
High Holidays 2016Easiest. Rosh Hashanah dinner. Ever.
OpinionWe need dialogue, not demagoguery, when it comes to Israel
High Holidays 2016A Sephardic seder, of sorts, for Rosh Hashanah
- Israeli Chief Rabbinate nixes 4 conversions approved by top US Orthodox rabbi
- SEC charges NJ Jewish philanthropist with insider trading
- Holocaust survivor, 100, takes U.S. citizenship oath
- 5 Jewish things to watch out for at tonight’s Clinton-Trump debate
- Clinton and Trump, meeting with Netanyahu, share commitment to US-Israel alliance
- Holocaust survivor, 100, takes US citizenship oath to vote in November
- Donald Trump hosts Benjamin Netanyahu in NY, backs defense ‘investment’
- Holocaust historian Saul Friedlander says he’ll leave US if Trump elected
- Trump’s Israel advisor: Annexing West Bank won’t harm country’s Jewish character