August 8, 2012 10:16am
Duke University acquired a collection of the papers of Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel, some of which have never been available to scholars.
August 8, 2012 10:07am
Israel is set to become the third international location for the Lollapalooza music festival.
August 7, 2012 5:38pm
Marvin Hamlisch, the acclaimed composer and arranger of dozens of Broadway plays and films, has died at 68.
August 7, 2012 5:32pm
An Israeli-American man who was kidnapped while hiking in the Amazon rainforest in Ecuador reportedly was rescued.
August 7, 2012 3:00pm
After Sunday’s shooting at a Sikh temple, Milwaukee-area Jews immediately are moved to help.
August 7, 2012 1:43pm
Thousands of travelers bought bargain basement-priced tickets to Israel on El Al Airlines after a third-party mistake sent the price plummeting.
August 6, 2012 6:38pm
Religious groups are calling for tolerance after six people were killed in a shooting attack at the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin.
July 31, 2012 8:44pm
The Nathan Cummings Foundation will award three one-year, $100,000 grants to work on economic and social justice issues related to the environment, arts and culture, and health care.
July 31, 2012 5:46pm
Aly Raisman, a Jewish American, won the floor exercise in helping the U.S. women’s team to the gold medal in the gymnastics competition at the London Olympics.
July 31, 2012 4:08pm
Four-time gold medalist Jason Lezak, competing in likely what is his final Olympics, helped the American swim team qualify for the 4×100-meter freestyle relay finals.
- Three Italian brothers try to find the cave they lived in during the Holocaust
- Israeli terror victims named; Abbas calls for Palestinian ‘victory’
- Secular young Jews come here for drinks, socializing — and Torah learning
- Sean Spicer resigns: The press secretary’s most memorable Jewish moments
- Chechnya’s Jewish community doesn’t exist — but it’s angry at Israel
- Shuttered Bronx synagogue becomes a dumping ground
- Sephardi heritage center honors Spanish politician who said Israel massacres children
- B’nai B’rith slams State Dept. for saying ‘lack of hope’ drives terrorism
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence
- HIAS ‘glad’ Supreme Court upholds decision to add grandparents, grandchildren to family defintion
- Thousands attend funeral of three members of one family killed in Palestinian stabbing attack