July 30, 2012 5:24pm
American Jewish gymnast Aly Raisman reached the Olympics women’s artistic gymnastics finals, beating among others teammate and world champion Jordyn Wieber.
July 29, 2012 6:58pm
An eighth-grader at the San Diego Jewish Academy won a science prize at the second annual Google Science Fair competition.
July 27, 2012 6:51pm
Jewish groups were among the 42 religious and secular organizations that told five members of Congress that their recent allegations of Muslim Brotherhood infiltration of the U.S. government were endangering religious freedom.
July 26, 2012 8:46pm
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel welcomed the help of Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan to help stop the violence in Chicago neighborhoods.
July 24, 2012 3:22pm
The Jewish federation in Denver and area synagogues there are reaching out to victims and comforting themselves after the movie theater massacre in suburban Aurora.
July 20, 2012 3:04pm
Moshe Silman, who set himself on fire during a Tel Aviv rally, died after succumbing to second- and third-degree burns.
July 19, 2012 9:02pm
President Obama joined the campaign for a moment of silence at the London Olympics to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the massacre of 11 Israeli Olympians at the 1972 Olympics.
July 19, 2012 7:10pm
Two Jewish organizations have established a new center to collect and analyze tuition affordability programs for Jewish day schools.
July 19, 2012 6:15pm
A British-born Muslim woman has been found guilty of helping her husband plan a terrorist attack against Jews in an attempt to carry out “jihad at home.”
July 19, 2012 5:30pm
The Milwaukee Jewish Federation has hired Hannah Rosenthal, the U.S. special envoy on anti-Semitism, as its new president.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- U of Maryland football offers a handy workaround for Shabbat-observant fans
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Republicans deny downsizing Trump event in Jerusalem
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary