July 2, 2012 5:18pm
The Palestinian Authority is facing its “worst financial crisis” yet, according to a PA official.
June 29, 2012 4:11pm
Three U.S. senators introduced legislation aimed at supporting programs to assist aging Holocaust survivors.
June 29, 2012 3:11pm
Nazi war criminal John Demjanjuk’s U.S. citizenship cannot be posthumously restored, a U.S. appeals court ruled.
June 28, 2012 4:11pm
The 1790 letter written by President George Washington to the Hebrew Congregation of Newport, R.I., is going on display at Philadelphia’s National Museum of American Jewish History.
June 28, 2012 10:13am
German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle has joined the effort to urge the International Olympic Committee to hold a moment of silence at the London Olympics for the Munich 11.
June 27, 2012 7:51pm
Modern Orthodox synagogues, yeshivas and institutions in New York City will gather to celebrate the Siyum HaShas.
June 27, 2012 7:22pm
Emissaries for the Jewish Agency for Israel will directly serve synagogues in three U.S. cities in order to cultivate Jewish identity and to bolster ties between Israel and the Diaspora.
June 26, 2012 4:22pm
Gilad Shalit met New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg for a brief ceremony at City Hall on the sixth anniversary of the day Shalit was captured by Hamas.
June 26, 2012 2:56pm
A man in an Elmo costume was ejected from Central Park and hospitalized after going on an anti-Semitic rant in the middle of the New York landmark.
June 25, 2012 5:17pm
Four haredi Orthodox men in Brooklyn were charged with attempting to intimidate and bribe an alleged sexual abuse victim and her boyfriend in a criminal case against a local counselor.
- Otto Warmbier’s family hid his Jewishness to aid negotiations with North Korea
- State Dept.’s anti-Semitism monitoring office to be unstaffed as of July 1
- Airline cannot ask women to move seats for haredi Orthodox men, Israeli judge rules
Watch‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ invades the streets of Tel Aviv
- Conservative seminary: Ban stands on clergy performing interfaith marriages
- Otto Warmbier’s Hillel rabbi recalls ‘one of the most intellectually curious people I’ve ever met’
- Brooklyn man dies weeks after hospital declares him dead against his Orthodox family’s wishes
- North Dakota Jewish pioneer cemetery added to national register
- Texas kayak company loses contract for slurring Jews, Mexicans
- Lawmakers urge Trump to appoint White House Jewish liaison
- 3 barred from Chicago lesbian march for carrying ‘triggering’ Star of David pride flags