December 5, 2012 7:46pm
An activist in the Soviet Jewry movement, now a member of the U.S. Holocaust Memorial and Museum Council, is hoping that young adults will rise up and unify around any of today’s potential causes as they did in the 1960s and 1970s.
October 14, 2009 11:49pm
President Obama must recognize that the seat of government for Israel is in Jerusalem and the seat of government for the Palestinians is in Ramallah — and announce that he is placing American diplomats at offices in both those cities and only those cities — writes one-time presidential appointee Cheryl Halpern.
July 9, 2009 10:43pm
Those who promote the moral equivalence of the Holocaust and the plight of the Palestinians are engaging in an unconscionable revision of history, says one-time presidential appointee Cheryl Halpern.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- PA condemns Israel for killing 2 Palestinian attackers
- Why is a Conservative synagogue abandoning the second day of yontif?
- Why Israelis are fearing a third intifada
- PA condemns Israel for killing of Palestinian attackers
- Actor James Franco has bar mitzvah
- Spain grants citizenship to 4,302 descendants of Sephardic Jews