is a former national editor of the Australian Jewish News. He currently writes for Haaretz as well as The Jewish Chronicle in Britain. He is also a TV producer and writer for an independent TV production company.
December 9, 2013 6:29am
Australian police questioned the former principal of a Jewish boys’ school in Melbourne over allegations of decades-old child sex abuse.
December 3, 2013 6:39am
An alleged perpetrator of a brutal anti-Semitic attack in suburban Sydney pleaded not guilty.
November 25, 2013 5:46am
Australia’s new government has shifted its voting pattern at the United Nations, saying it was refusing to support what it considered one-sided anti-Israel resolutions.
November 14, 2013 6:35am
Three more people have alleged they were victims of child sexual abuse in Melbourne as the scandal that has embroiled the Jewish community since 2011 continues to deepen.
November 12, 2013 5:17pm
A fourth man has been charged over an alleged anti-Semitic attack on five religious Jews in Sydney.
November 5, 2013 5:38am
An Australian-born man who resides in the United States was charged with two counts of indecent assault against two children at a Sydney Chabad center in the 1980s.
November 1, 2013 6:54am
An Israel-based group launched legal action against an Australian academic whom it claims breached racial vilification laws by boycotting Israeli academics.
October 30, 2013 7:18am
A Chabad rabbi in Melbourne involved in a long-running turf war was stripped of his official endorsement.
October 27, 2013 6:13am
Five Jews were hospitalized after being beaten in what was described by an Australian Jewish leader as the worst incident of anti-Semitic violence in Sydney in many years.
October 24, 2013 6:20am
Australian Jewish groups are providing shelter, meals and psychological counseling for victims of the wild bushfires ravaging Australia.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Theo Epstein vs. Mike Chernoff: The Jewish minds behind the Cubs and the Indians
- Trump supporter and radio host: Rahm Emanuel part of ‘Jewish mafia’ that controls US
- Cubs vs. Indians: Which team is more Jewish?
- Why Ari Shavit’s fall from grace stings for so many American Jews
- A Brooklyn judge becomes America’s first Hasidic woman to serve in public office
- Trump Israel adviser denies anti-Semitic sentiment among supporters
- Spain’s Jewish ‘ghost towns’ seek a boost from living Jews
- Clinton campaign tally shows 5 top donors are Jewish
- Second UNESCO committee passes resolution ignoring Jewish ties to Temple Mount
- Israel Police recommend lifting ban on lawmakers’ visits to Temple Mount
- Israeli journalist Ari Shavit apologizes for ‘misunderstanding’ in response to reporter’s sexual assault account
- Latest Clinton email twist involves Anthony Weiner
- One Jew, One Vote: Jeff Bookman, 65
- Ivanka Trump says her father will move US embassy to Jerusalem ‘100 percent’ if elected
- Among Cleveland’s Orthodox voters, reluctance reigns
- One Jew, One Vote: Hildee Weiss, 48
- Curt Schilling calls Jews who slammed his Jake Tapper questioning ‘clowns’