November 4, 2011 3:34pm
Occupy Wall Street supported the latest (failed) attempt by activists to break Israel’s naval blockade — until it didn’t. Last night, the Twitter feed of Occupywallst.org tweeted: “@OccupyWallSt: We support and would like to express #solidarity to #FreedomWaves #Palestine.” But within an hour it had been deleted, leaving behind only orphaned re-tweets from the excited…
November 4, 2011 2:28pm
Gilad Shalit underwent surgery to repair wounds from when he was taken hostage in 2006.
November 3, 2011 7:31pm
Anti-Semitism in the United States has increased slightly since 2009, according to an Anti-Defamation League survey.
November 2, 2011 8:18pm
A Washington State food co-op that is boycotting Israeli products has asked a judge to dismiss a lawsuit filed by pro-Israel activist members.
November 1, 2011 5:08pm
A group of liberal Jewish activists, former politicians and union leaders have released a statement denouncing opponents of Occupy Wall Street for criticizing the movement as anti-Semitic.
November 1, 2011 1:55pm
After years of criticism for failing to promote female-friendly policies, the Jewish Federations of North America is working to improve its record on women’s issues and earning praise from some critics. But there’s still a ways to go, some critics say.
October 27, 2011 8:51pm
A Brooklyn bus company accused of forcing women to sit in the back of a public bus has promised to take action to prevent losing its contract with New York City.
October 27, 2011 4:09pm
Ruth Madoff said in an interview that she and her husband, Ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff, attempted to commit suicide in 2008.
October 27, 2011 3:14pm
A Kent State University professor shouted “Death to Israel” at a lecture given by a former Israeli diplomat.
October 26, 2011 3:07pm
The largest umbrella organization of Jewish policy agencies endorsed a statement urging selective use of civil rights legislation to combat anti-Jewish and anti-Israel activity on college campuses.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- NJ man who fire-bombed rabbi’s home convicted of terrorism
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair