May 7, 2012 6:03pm
Ordaining cantors may help to bring new life to moribund synagogues, writes the author of “Contemporary American Judaism: Transformation and Renewal,” but there are some drawbacks, too.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- PA condemns Israel for killing 2 Palestinian attackers
- Why is a Conservative synagogue abandoning the second day of yontif?
- Why Israelis are fearing a third intifada
- PA condemns Israel for killing of Palestinian attackers
- Actor James Franco has bar mitzvah
- Spain grants citizenship to 4,302 descendants of Sephardic Jews