is chancellor of Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion and was its president from 2001-2013.
August 18, 2014 4:25pm
Above all, liberal scholar and activist Leonard Fein was a learned and feeling Jew steeped in the values and teachings of the tradition, Rabbi David Ellenson writes.
October 18, 2011 1:26pm
A position enunciated by a leading Sephardic rabbi in a 1985 prisoner exchange involving Israel and Lebanon provides a rationale for understanding why the current Israeli government made the decision on the swap deal that freed Gilad Shalit, the president of Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion writes.
July 7, 2010 7:33pm
The president of the Reform movement’s main rabbinical seminary argues that if Orthodox Jews are serious about protecting religious liberty, they should back proposals to legalize same-sex marriage.
September 16, 2009 11:11pm
The Reform leader’s life and accomplishments were legendary, with his deepest commitments to humanity, the Jewish people and the State of Israel, writes the president of Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Howard Stern rips Roger Waters over BDS support
- James Franco has bar mitzvah at 37
- Bernie Sanders finally opens up about Jewish childhood
- For Doctors Without Borders strike, US declines to give itself Israel treatment
- Palestinian teen in Jerusalem stabs Jewish man, he shoots her
- Donald Trump gets priestly blessing from Jew for Jesus